In a busy world we live in today, it can sometimes be hard to get the nutritional products we need to thrive. Flaxseeds are among one of the best foods that offer omega-3 fatty acids and Alpha-linolenic acid that our body can use to maintain a healthy body. Here are five benefits that flaxseed oil may offer to you.
1. Boost Heart Health
- Flaxseed is high in alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) which has the capability to help prevent and treat heart disease. A study on flaxseed suggested that people who consume a high amount of ALA are less likely to have a fatal heart attack. An additional study also found, woman who consumed 1.5 grams of flaxseed lowered their risk of sudden cardiac death.(1)
- Increase Collagen Production
- Flaxseed oil helps to fight off the appearance of cellulite. As we age our body’s skin tissue begins to weaken and become thinner, thus leading to more visible age-related signs. (2)
- Helps the Digestive System
- Flaxseed oil can act as a lubricate in the colon and help move things along in your digestive system. Flaxseed is high in soluble and insoluble fiber. This allows your body to remove waste easier and continue to stay healthy. (3)
- High in Antioxidants
- Flaxseeds are one of the foods that are loaded with antioxidants (inhibits oxidizing agents in living organisms). Our body naturally produces these oxidizing agents known as free radicals, which left untreated can lead to illnesses and chronic diseases. Thus, flaxseeds give us the ability to maintain a healthy balance in the body.
- Great Source of Vitamins and Minerals
- Along with everything else, flaxseeds also offer a lot of vitamins and minerals that are essential for a healthy diet. Vitamin B1, which is essential for normal metabolism and nerve function. Phosphorus, which is a mineral that contributes to bone health and tissue maintenance. Magnesium, also a mineral which increases energy, relieves muscle aches and helps with digestion.